If you’re a man or know a man over the age of 45 and definitely older than 50, then this topic is for you.
Today I want to quickly give you the top 5 warning signs and symptoms of prostate cancer or the potential of prostate problems.
And I’m doing this topic today as Benjamin Franklin once said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”.
Thus, it’s much better to help you avoid and prevent a bad health problem, than to try and fix and reverse it later when it’s much bigger.
And, I’m sure you can agree to this, especially the older guys.
And if you didn’t know, prostate cancer is the second leading cause of death in men, slightly behind lung cancer – which can be almost avoidable for the most part, by NOT smoking.
Prostate problems can start in men around the age of 40, but typically around the age of 50 and older.
The longer you live, the more likely you will have prostate problems and about 10% will get diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Speaking of which…
At the end of this article, I’ll also give you a link to another short article where I reveal the REAL cause & cure for prostate cancer, so make sure you read to the end.
And make sure to also share this article with other guys or on social media, so you can help someone, just as you’d like to be helped.
5 Risk Factors
Now, before I list the top 5 warning signs, let’s first start with the top 5 risk factors.
- AGE: You’re over the age of 50.
- GENETICS: You can do a DNA test to see. However, if you have a family history of prostate cancer, then you have a higher risk.
- RACE: Prostate cancer is higher in African-American men, while the lowest in Asian-American.
- BODY FAT: the higher your body fat and the bigger your waist circumference, the higher the risk. This is typically due to higher levels of estrogen.
- HAIR: Hair loss/balding, excess body hair are all signs of higher DHT levels, which is linked to prostate growth, especially with elevated estrogen levels due to higher body fat and aging.
Of course, lifestyle makes all of this worse – bad eating, lack of exercise, high-stress levels/hormones, and so forth.
So, if you’re already dealing with these risk factors, you’re off to a bad start.
However, the good news is that other than genetics, all of these risk factors are HORMONE-related and can certainly be improved, naturally.
And as I stated before, I explain all of this in my second article where I’ll share it with you in a minute.
5 Warning Signs
Now, there are lots of different warning signs. But, let me first discuss the top 5…
Remember, the goal is to be mindful so we can prevent or avoid prostate problems altogether … or least, to spot the problem early, so it can be quickly fixed.
- A painful or burning sensation during urination or ejaculation
- Frequent urination, particularly at night
- Difficulty stopping or starting urination
- Sudden erectile dysfunction, impotence
- Blood in urine or semen — this requires immediate attention
Now, if you have all of these issues or many of them, it’s time to go to your doctor and get a blood test with all of your hormones, including a PSA test.
And, it’s a good idea to also do a prostate exam, as uncomfortable as that may sound.
It’s much easier to avoid or prevent than to cure or reverse.
Which by the way, my other article speaks about this topic – the REAL cause & cure for prostate cancer.