Losing weight is never fun and for most of us, it’s not easy – especially as we get older. The good news is after 25 years of consulting, I have a great “blue-print” for losing stubborn fat … and that’s what I’m going to share with you today.
The “Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome” Challenge
Losing weight is difficult as it is, but it’s an even bigger challenge if you have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) – which is an imbalance in your hormones – both insulin and your “sex” hormones.
The primary reasons you gain weight because of PCOS is because
- Sex Hormone Imbalance – This is usually caused by a higher ratio of male hormones (testosterone and DHT) to female hormones (estrogen and progesterone). This typically causes more of a male fat distribution, which means weight around your midsection and belly fat.
- Insulin Resistance – This means you have elevated blood sugar and glucose levels, which then causes your body to produce lots of insulin to help lower your blood sugar. Unfortunately, over time your body becomes “insensitive” to all of this extra insulin, and you become pre-diabetic.
What happens is that the over secretion of insulin causes the foods you eat, to convert to fat quickly. And because of your higher “male” hormones, the fat goes more to your upper body, potentially causing type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
It’s All About The Hormones
As you can see, hormones really do control everything. Throw in aging and stress… and now things get a bit more challenging.
So today I’m going to give you some great suggestions which will help normalize your blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity. But we’ll ALSO be optimizing your other fat burning hormones – which means a faster metabolism, more energy and healthier fat loss – especially in those stubborn fat areas.
So, don’t worry – it’s not your fault. There is hope, I’ve got the solution and you CAN do it!
Before Getting StartedSo before I reveal some "shortcuts" to stripping off that ugly fat, I'd like to get a couple things out of the way:
- NO Drugs - Even though there are specific drugs you can take that'll speed up the fat loss, unfortunately they're loaded with side-effects and later, you'll eventually gain all the weight back when you get off of the drug. But, don't worry... I'll show you an all-natural solution that works great, without the drug side-effects.
- NO "Weight Loss" - The other thing is you want to lose FAT, not just "weight", which is usually valuable muscle loss. Unfortunately, most weight loss programs cause the wrong type of weight loss. Today I'll show you how to decrease the inches in those stubborn areas like your belly, arms, hips and legs for the ladies.
3 Best Methods To Lose Fat QuicklyThere are really 3 main keys to healthy, long-term fat loss and I'm going to simplify it for you.
- Diet - this is the most important, since you can easily consume more calories than you can burn.
- Exercise - by doing the right form of exercise you'll burn more calories, which will allow you to eat more food or not diet as hard.
- Supplements - the right kind will improve your "fat burning genes" by up-regulating key fat burning hormones, which means faster fat loss.
Step 1 - DIETThe most important aspect of fat loss is your diet because you can easily consume MORE calories than you can burn. It's just so easy and that's why we have to watch what you eat. So, here are a few "fast result" diet tips.
Let's first start with the things you should NOT do because these will quickly sabotage any weight loss goals you'll ever have.
- Do NOT Eat Carbohydrates I started with the hardest one, but that's because most carbohydrates (grains, breads, pastas, rice, etc.) are very calorie dense and make you retain lots of water weight. Another major problem is that they easily convert to fat due to the high blood sugar response. IF you're going to have them, do so only after an exercise session.
- Do NOT Drink Your Calories There is no point in drinking any calories since that takes seconds to consume. This means no soda, fruit juice, blended coffee drinks or protein shakes and smoothies. Oh yeah, no alcohol either =(
- Do NOT Eat Sauces This is easier for most people, but don't consume any sauces, syrups, salad dressings, etc. Too calorie dense and either loaded with sugar and/or fats. Instead, have lemon juice and vinegar on your salad.
- DO Eat Carbohydrates Okay, I know I just told you not to, but carbs are very good for your metabolism because they improve your thyroid production. You just need to eat the right kinds and that's primarily from unlimited vegetables, some fruits, legumes and occasionally some sweet potatoes if you want a "treat".
- DO Drink Unlimited water and green tea. Mix in lemon juice and sweeten with natural Stevia and you have a great tasting and healthy drink that will also curb your appetite.
- DO Eat Protein You should have some protein, but limit it to fish, chicken and lean meats. No more than 4 oz daily and do NOT fry the meats or cook with oils.
Step 2 - EXERCISEThe second most important formula for fat loss success is exercise.
Ideally you should do BOTH aerobic AND anaerobic exercise. This means cardiovascular - like walking, running, treadmill, etc. And also lifting weights to increase muscle mass - using free weights, machines and cables. In fact, the weight lifting is more important for FAT loss because the extra muscle burns fat all day long and helps give shape to your body. You may lose less "weight" on the scale because of the extra muscle size, but you'll lose more UGLY FAT in those stubborn areas, which matters most. Anyway, just try to do something daily. For faster results, try exercising 2x daily. For example, you can walk in the morning for 20-30 minutes and do weights in the afternoon for 20-30 minutes. This is the BEST case scenario... I wouldn't expect you to start here, unless you're super motivated or you want faster results. But just try to do a minimum of 20-30 minutes, 3x weekly of any form of exercise to begin with.
Step 3 - SUPPLEMENTSTaking specific herbs, vitamins and minerals that are scientifically proven to help lose "weight" is useful if you want to:
- speed up your fat loss results (especially stubborn fat areas)
- increase your metabolism (like when you were younger)
- reduce your appetite (especially for sugars and carbohydrates)