Today’s question is from Davey and he asks:
“How can I lower my blood pressure naturally? I’m tired of dealing with the negative side-effects of medications. And for whatever reason, diet and exercise doesn’t seem to help that much.”
This is a really important question because most people don’t know that high blood pressure (hypertension) is the most important risk factor for premature deaths…
It accounts for over 50% of all deaths caused by cardiovascular disease and 14% of all total deaths each year!
Globally, high blood pressure affects 27% of the population and the stats are even worse in the US, about 35% of the population!
And get this, it has been estimated that 90% of Americans are expected to develop high blood pressure by the age of 65.
My Personal Struggles
I’m very familiar with the stats because I have a family history of high blood pressure (my dad’s side), causing heart attacks and strokes.
With this in mind, it’s no exaggeration that I urge you to keep your blood pressure under control because it is one of the most important things you can do to extend your lifespan and reduce disease.
And don’t worry, it’s much easier than you think and I’ll give you my favorite natural solution at the end of this video. It’s what my dad and I use every day.
“Normal” Is Still Too High
The newest research suggests that even “normal” blood pressure (120–129 / 80–84 mmHg) increases the risk of death from cardiovascular disease by 46% on average.
For women, the risk was slightly lower. But for men, it was much higher—80%, regardless of age.1
These results are alarming in light of the fact that 33% US citizens have a blood pressure in the normal/high range (129–139 / 84–95 mmHg)…. Which means things are way worse for you.
Drugs Don’t Even Work
Making the problem worse, studies have shown that prescription drugs for “high normal” blood pressure and even mild hypertension are not effective.
A large review of randomized, clinical trials (performed by the prestigious Cochrane Collaboration) found that anti-hypertensive drugs used to treat mild hypertension (140–159 / 90–99 mm/Hg) did not reduce disease complications or the risk of death.2
What Does All Of This Mean For You?…
Even mild hypertension, while still in the “normal” range, can nearly double your risk of heart disease and thus, potentially leading to a heart attack or stroke.
So we need to make sure your blood pressure is under control, preferably in the “low/normal” range.
You don’t want to use drugs, not only because of the negative side-effects… but simply because they don’t work in reducing death. So that means we need to…
Lower Your Blood Pressure, Naturally
Like I said earlier, because I have a family history of high blood pressure and strokes, I’ve had to figure out the BEST ways to improve my blood pressure naturally…
So there’s hope and I’ll share with you my favorite solution at the end of this article. Don’t worry, you can do it and it’ll be much easier than you think.
Like most other chronic diseases, high blood pressure is caused by your genes, aging, hormonal imbalances and the modern diet and lifestyle.
High blood pressure affects only 1% of hunter-gatherer populations following a traditional diet,…. but its prevalence increases when those cultures adopt a western diet and lifestyle …
Which is typically processed and refined foods, sedentary behavior, chronic sleep deprivation, being over worked/stressed, a lack of sun exposure and excess use of caffeine, alcohol and tobacco.3
… so if you have have elevated blood pressure or mild hypertension, here are my top 3 suggestions for decreasing your blood pressure naturally.
1 – Right & Wrong FOODS
Remember that your genes and hormones are primary controlling factors in how you look and feel. And, what you EAT controls your hormones and thus, dictates “gene expression”.
Eating the wrong foods, causes a change in your hormones, triggering your genes to “come alive” and for some of us who are “sensitive” to high blood pressure (like my dad and myself), it can cause hypertension.
So with that said, here’s what you should pay attention to:
- Less Sugar & Simple Carbohydrates – When your blood sugar spikes up, typically from eating sugar (found in foods, sodas, etc.) or from processed/refined carbohydrates (white breads, pasta, pastries, etc.), your blood pressure goes up and blood flow decreases.4
- More Vegetables & Fruits – These foods have higher levels of potassium, magnesium, minerals and vitamins which help lower blood pressure.5,6 In fact, this is why Blood Pressure Optimizer, utilizes the most potent blood pressure lowering extracts from Hawthorn Berries, Grape Seeds, Celery Seeds, Pomegranate and tomatoes.
- Less Meat & More Fish – Cold water fish has many blood pressure lowering benefits, primarily because of the healthy fats (EPA, DHA, polyunsaturated).7 The very opposite of modern day meats. If you don’t want to take fish oil pills, just have cold water fish 3-4x weekly. Wild caught salmon is ideal because it has higher levels of healthy omega fats and less contamination.
There’s more, but this is a good start. Of course, drink more water and less “other” liquids!
2 – Healthier Lifestyle
There’s more you can do here, but I’ll keep it simple
- Lose Weight – Being overweight is never good for your body, and this includes hypertension.
- Exercise – You don’t need much. Just get out and WALK daily, even if it’s just 3x a week for only 15-20 minutes. Later you can add in weight training, which is much better.
- Sleep – My sleep is horrible and as we get older, it seems to get worse for most of us. Try to get to bed earlier. Reduce “light” from your computer, cell phones and TV. Exercise helps.
- Go Outside – Sunlight helps lower blood pressure. And by walking outside 3x weekly, you’ll get two benefits in one.
- Relax – We live in stressful times, so you need to take a “time-out” daily and relax. You can meditate, do deep breathing, take a nap, get a massage or just go for a quick walk outside.
If you do just ONE thing, my suggestion is get outside and take a walk daily. It pretty much does all the above all at once =)
3 – The Correct Herbal Extracts
The right supplements, similar to food, can positively affect your hormones and can dramatically improve your blood pressure naturally, without any of the negative side-effects of drugs.
Combined with a better diet and lifestyle, you’re good to go. This is why I formulated Blood Pressure Optimizer for dad and myself. It’s safe and works quickly because it utilizes clinically researched, natural ingredients such as:
- Grape Seed Extract – There is a patented form called MegaNatural-BP (US patent 6,544,581), which is clinically shown to lower blood pressure in only 30 days.8
- English Hawthorne Berry Extract – Improves blood pressure, helps support strong contractile force in the heart and improves cardiovascular health.9,10
- Celery Seed Extract – Works similar to calcium channel blocking drugs, but without the negative drug side-effects. Has many vascular benefits – reducing strokes, improvement of cognition and memory, impeding Alzheimer’s.11
- Pomegranate Extract – A compound found only in pomegranates called punicalagin, has been shown to not only lower blood pressure and increase the speed at which heart blockages caused by atherosclerosis are removed, it also lowers bad cholesterol.12
- Lycopene Extract – This is a substance normally found in tomato seeds. Studies have shown it can help lower blood pressure as well as operating as an antioxidants, preventing damage done by free radicals, especially to arteries and blood vessels.13
Well, there are other ingredients too… Such as Magnesium, Potassium, L-Arginine and specific vitamins.
Fastest & Easiest Solution For Improving Your Blood Pressure LevelsSo there are lots of ways for lowering your blood pressure and improving hypertension - diet and exercise being the two important factors. Unfortunately, they take time and most people are either NOT patient or need faster results, with less effort... This is the exact problem I ran into with my own dad. Because of this, I needed to find a simple, easy and fast solution for improving his blood pressure levels in less than 30 days, without the use of harmful prescription drugs or following a restrictive diet. If this is something you're also interested in, you can easily copy this "perfect formula", implement it and start seeing and feeling results within days...