If you do a search online about “foods for healthy cholesterol”, you’ll typically find the same generic recommendations by most “experts”…. but not today.
I’m going to reveal the BEST foods that not only support healthy cholesterol naturally but also improve your overall health… which will help you look and feel younger!
I’ll also quickly discuss some cholesterol myths.
The Best Foods
You should have some fiber with all your meals because fiber binds to “bad” LDL cholesterol1 and helps lower it. Soluble fiber also reduces the absorption of cholesterol into your bloodstream. You should aim for a minimum of 10 grams of fiber daily, preferably 25 grams.
So here are the best fiber sources for lowering cholesterol and improving your overall health:
- Beans – black, kidney, lima, lentils and pinto beans have a great source of soluble fiber. They’re also high in protein and don’t raise your blood sugar much, which is also very important for healthy cholesterol.
- Vegetables – you can never go wrong with vegetables. The greener the better. Broccoli, collard greens, spinach, Brussels Sprouts and artichokes are some of the best for fiber and healthy cholesterol
- Fruits – apples and pears are very good, especially with the skin because of the pectin. Raspberries are one of the highest, at 8 grams of fiber per cup.
- Nuts – they also have good fiber, with almonds and walnuts being the best. But walnuts are also high in omega-3 fatty acids, just like fish…
The right fats are very important for overall health because they help optimize all your hormones.
Now, even though other “experts” say to have polyunsaturated fats such as sesame, soybean, canola, corn, sunflower and similar “super-market” fats. I’m totally against these fats because they are very processed and BAD for your overall health and cause inflammation.1,5
In fact, studies have shown they can actually INCREASE your risk for heart disease.5
My suggestion is to stick to natural fats such as:
- raw nuts – almonds and walnuts are best
- fish oils such as salmon and krill
- extra virgin organic coconut oil – YES, I know others say not to – but this oil increases your “good” HDL cholesterol and improves your thyroid, which further helps to have healthy cholesterol.
Most Americans eat way too much protein. My suggestion is to eat LESS animal protein. It’s better to stick with vegetable sources and mainly wild-caught fish, such as salmon.
Similar to protein, people eat way too many carbohydrates, which increases insulin levels causing higher “bad” LDL cholesterol.1
Try to stay away from grains and have more vegetables, fruits, sweet potatoes, and organic, gluten-free “steel-cut” oats, which help healthy cholesterol more than regular “rolled” oats.
Again, it’s best to eat foods that are NOT packaged. Try to keep things as natural and fresh as possible.
The BIG Picture
Did you know that heart disease is the #1 killer2, killing more people each year than ALL the other diseases COMBINED?!!2
So, having healthy cholesterol levels within a normal range is very important... but it's just ONE factor out of many, when it comes to heart health.
You also need to have healthy HDL/LDL ratios, triglycerides, homocysteine and other lipid levels within a normal, youthful range.
Managing your lipid profiles is probably one of the most important aspects to health, fitness & longevity.
Unfortunately, it can sometimes get confusing or you might feel overwhelmed with too much information — what to DO or NOT do.
Plus, making dramatic lifestyle changes — such as eating much better, eliminating lots of different foods and exercising daily — is very important. But for many people, it can be difficult to start and it takes a longer time to see results.
And taking prescription drugs is never a good long-term solution because of all the negative side-effects3...
Now, I'm very familiar with this topic because these are all the same challenges I ran into with both my parents back in 1999.
Most Popular Option:
Faster Results & Easier To Start
Because of this, I wanted a solution for my parents that was safe, worked quickly and was easy.
So I created a simple, very effective and scientifically researched "all-in-one" natural remedy called Cholesterol Optimizer... which is a small pill that helps to naturally:
- Support healthy cholesterol levels within a normal, youthful range.4
- Healthy HDL/LDL ratios.4
- Support healthy triglycerides & Homocysteine levels.4
- Promote healthy liver function (where 80% of cholesterol is produced).4
One major reason Cholesterol Optimizer ™ is better than other options is because its doctor formulated and scientifically researched to work.
The feedback has been amazing ... and since the product has been around since 1999, you know it works and it's effective!
Anyways, don't take my word for it. Take a look for yourself -- ingredients, reviews, etc. -- and make your own educated decision. Let me know how it works for you...