If you had to pick one vitamin for boosting your immune system, what would it be?
First, the best “vitamin” I would say is Vitamin D. However, it’s not technically a vitamin, it’s actually a hormone.
However, there is a REAL vitamin that I would technically list as #1. I want to finish off the Vitamin D topic first.
Simple Facts About Vitamin D
- It’s primarily produced from the sun and UV rays, hitting your skin, interacting with cholesterol, and other factors to help produce vitamin D in your body.
- Most people are deficient in Vitamin D. One main reason is due to lack of sunlight.
- Vitamin D should be taken with Vitamin K, another fat-soluble vitamin. They work together to help absorb calcium into your bones and not into your arteries.
- The correct forms are vitamin D3 and K2 (MK-7)
- Micro-encapsulated, plant-based D3 is better absorbed.
- As far as dosages, the ideal and healthy dose is 125 mcg of D3 (5000 units) + 50 mcg of K2. Take this daily, in the morning with food.
If I’m feeling sick, I actually take 4x this dose for a few days, and immediately I am well. It seems almost overnight my immune system shoots up and kills everything bad in my body.
The product I use is Perfect Vitamin D&K – it contains all the right amounts, dosages, etc.
TRUE vitamin for the Immune System
Vitamin D is fantastic – but it’s not really a vitamin – true vitamin for boosting the immune system is Vitamin C
I take about 3000-5000 mg daily and up to 10,000 when I’m feeling sick or stressed out.
I’ll get much deeper into Vitamin C and the immune system in the future articles – the best form, dosages, when to take it, etc.
But, I didn’t want to leave you hanging today…
Meanwhile – make sure you keep your Vitamin D&K levels at optimal level.