Today’s subscriber question is:
“As I’ve gotten older, I’ve noticed my erections aren’t as good and only seem to get worse. I’ve also read how poor erections is an indicator of potential heart problems due to poor blood flow and circulation.
Are there any foods that will help improve circulation and hopefully improve blood flow to my penis? Are there foods that can actually fix and reverse erectile dysfunction? I always appreciate your honesty, please help me. Thank you.”
This is an important question because you’re right, having erectile problems is a pre-warning sign that you have or could be having potential heart problems, due to poor circulation. It can also negatively affect your brain.
Thus, having erectile problems might be a warning sign of a potential heart attack or stroke in the future.
Even though all you might care about right now is your ability to get an erection and have sex. Maybe not feeling young or man enough. The bigger potential problem is avoiding a heart attack or stroke in the future.
And yes, some foods will help improve circulation throughout your body and thus, improve blood flow to your heart, brain, and yes – your penis.
Before I list the 10 best foods, please know that hormones play a vital role in all of this. Better hormonal balance, such as higher testosterone levels within a healthy range, will help with erections and strengthening of your heart and other muscles – including your penis.
You can’t forget about exercise. Lifting weights 3-5x a week and walking daily for at least 20-30 minutes will help.
However, let’s start with the 10 best blood flow-improving foods. I’ll also give you some sample meals at the end.
Nitrates For Blood Flow
Certain foods are rich in nitrates, which are known to improve blood flow by dilating and opening up blood vessels.
- Leafy Green Vegetables: Vegetables like spinach, and Swiss chard are rich in nitrates.
- Beets: Beets and beetroot juice also contain high levels of nitrates. I’d rather you eat beets, than beet juice, which has more concentrated sugars.
The next thing you want to do is reduce inflammation in the body. Unfortunately, as we age, inflammation goes higher. It’s called Inflammaging.
Part of the reason for inflammation is poor hormonal balance. For example, testosterone goes down, stress hormones such as cortisol go up and thus, you now have more inflammation, in addition to a bunch of other health problems such as high blood sugar, blood pressure, and yes, poor blood flow.
Chronic inflammation is bad and one reason is that it can restrict blood flow.
- Fatty Fish: Eating fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, mackerel, and trout, can help improve cardiovascular health and blood flow to the penis due to their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries are packed with antioxidants that can improve blood flow by reducing inflammation and supporting blood vessel health.
- Garlic: Garlic has compounds that can help improve blood flow by relaxing blood vessels and reducing inflammation.
Another component to better blood flow is a gas called Nitric Oxide, which helps vasodilate your blood vessels and thus increase circulation with more blood. This is one of the ways PDE5 inhibitors such as Viagra and Cialis work.
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, and flaxseeds are rich in nutrients like arginine, which promotes the production of nitric oxide in the body, aiding blood vessel relaxation and improving circulation.
- Watermelon: This fruit contains citrulline – an amino acid, which is converted into arginine in the body, aiding in the production of nitric oxide for improved blood flow.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate with high cocoa content contains flavonoids that can improve blood circulation by enhancing nitric oxide levels.
Finally, there are specific antioxidants that can help strengthen the blood vessels, and thus, allow better blood flow.
- Citrus Fruits: Oranges, grapefruits, and lemons contain vitamin C and antioxidants that support blood vessel health and reduce the risk of vascular problems. Eat the actual fruit and not the fruit juice.
- Olive Oil: Rich in healthy fats and antioxidants, olive oil can support cardiovascular health and promote better blood circulation.
However, olive oil, especially extra virgin, cold-pressed olive oil has other important qualities:
- Because it’s primarily composed of monounsaturated fats, especially oleic acid, which will help support healthy cholesterol levels by preventing plaque build-up in the arteries.
- It contains polyphenols, which are powerful anti-inflammatories.
- It also can increase Nitric Oxide production.
- Lastly, it can help improve endothelial function and thus, make your blood vessels stronger and more pliable, like when you were younger.
My Plan To Improve Blood Flow
I eat about half of these foods regularly.
Earlier I mentioned a sample meal for you and one that I eat 3-4x weekly.
I make a salad with spinach and baby greens and put salmon in it for my protein. Add in beets, a small amount of walnuts, and, blueberries. For the dressing, I use extra virgin olive oil and a little bit of balsamic vinegar. I season it with salt and pepper.
If I want to add in some extra carbs, I’ll throw some quinoa into the salad.
By the way, quinoa also has blood flow-improving properties because it can help increase nitric oxide. Not by much. But it’s a great source of quality carbs and a complete vegetarian protein. So, why not?
This meal is great for health, fitness, longevity, and yes – blood flow and better erections.
I also take additional supplements to help with all of this.
- AlphaViril – for better testosterone and hormones.
- Blood Flow Optimizer – for healthy blood flow & stronger blood vessels
- Inflame & Pain Relief – to help support healthy inflammation
- Vitamin C – I take 3 grams daily. Basically, 1000 mg, with food, 3x daily
Diet, exercise, and good sleep are all a priority. And the added supplements guarantee everything else is covered to help maximize optimal blood flow.
Please don’t be like most people who just listen and don’t do anything else. Take action.