As you may already know, testosterone is the primary hormone that controls your libido, “drive”, mental happiness, muscle mass, belly fat and an overall improved sense of well-being.
Unfortunately, over 95-98% of your “total” testosterone is “bound” to various proteins in your blood. So most of it is “inactive”.
Thus, only 5% or less is “free” to travel around your body and work it’s magic.
Think of your “total” testosterone as your GROSS income and your “free” testosterone as your NET income — the money you get to keep after all your expenses and taxes.
Of course, you want to increase your testosterone levels. However, what we care most about is increasing your “free” testosterone levels, which is what Stinging Nettle Extract can help with.
What Is It?
Stinging nettle is an herb that gets its name from the fact that its leaves and stems are coated with tiny stinging hairs, which can cause irritation to the skin.
How Does It Work?
Stinging nettle helps optimize your testosterone levels by 3 main actions:
- Binding with sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), freeing up the “bounded” testosterone and thus, increasing your “free” testosterone levels.
- Inhibiting aromatase, an enzyme which converts testosterone to estrogen. As men get older and the higher your body fat, the more estrogen you have. Which is NOT what you want, because estrogen tells your body to reduce testosterone production.
- Inhibiting 5a-reductase, an enzyme which converts testosterone to its metabolite dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This is the hormone that causes balding, body hair and enlarged prostate. Similar to estrogen, as DHT goes up, your testosterone comes down.
These 3 methods are extremely important for improving your testosterone and keeping it high long-term. This is why Stinging nettle is one of my favorite herbs.
Side-Effects & Warnings
The problem is most products on the market contain Stinging nettle “root” powder, which is for the most part, dead and inactive. What you care about with herbs is the EXTRACT amount.
The higher the extract, the higher the active ingredients, the higher the concentration and thus, the MORE EFFECTIVE it is.
Unfortunately, it also costs a lot more.
So, don’t use cheap or inferior products because you won’t get any results or you’ll have to take a much higher dosage and thus, you’re basically wasting time and money.
The most effective is about a 95% extract or 50:1 ratio.
How To Make It Work Better
Research has shown that to make Stinging Nettle work better, you want to “stack” it with other complementary ingredients, which will help
- Increase testosterone – both total and free.
- Reduce “adaptation”, so you get better results with lower dosages
- Prevent “conversions” to negative hormones, so you can KEEP your testosterone high.
And to do this, you should take Stinging nettle with synergistic ingredients such as:
- Fenugreek, Tongkat Ali, Avena Sativa, Stinging Nettle and Tribulus extract, for optimal testosterone levels.
- DIM and Selenium to reduce the female hormone, estrogen
- Vitamin C and Ashwagandha to reduce the stress hormone, cortisol
- Vitex Agnus to reduce the female hormone, prolactin
- Zinc to reduce the hair loss and prostate cancer hormone, DHT
The special synergy between these correct “stack of ingredients”, creates a much safer and more effective solution.
It’s like 1+1+1 = 6 (not 3!)
You use less, and you get more.
The “stack” saves you money and gives you better, safer results, for a longer amount of time.
But don’t worry, you don’t have to go out and get all of these different ingredients. I’ve simplified all of this for you.
There’s a link below to a special bonus video about this topic with more details, the exact formula I personally use for boosting testosterone levels, increasing libido, muscle mass and decreasing belly fat.
- Stinging nettle primarily works by binding to SHBG and increasing your “free” testosterone levels.
- When selecting a Stinging nettle product, make sure it contains the most effective extract concentration (95% or 50:1 ratio)
- Make sure you combine it with other key ingredients, which will optimize your pro-testosterone hormones for the correct, “youthful” balance.