Today’s video is about what to do post-workout to speed up the recovery and lower stress and cortisol so you can build more muscle.
Testosterone is an anabolic hormone – which means it helps build muscle, while the opposite of testosterone is stress hormone – Cortisol – a catabolic hormone, which slows down muscle building and causes tearing down.
You can do a lot of things to speed up recovery. Your goal after a workout should be to lower your Cortisol levels and your stress. Here is what I do:
- I make a shake for myself consisting of 50gr of whey isolate, 50 gr of dextrose, and 5gr glutamine. I have a little bit of it before, during, and after workouts.
- When I get home I have 3-5gr of Vitamin C.
- I take the herbal product Stress & Cortisol Relief – which contains all necessary vitamins and minerals to lower cortisol, speed up the recovery, and increase testosterone levels.
- I also take a little bit of magnesium
- I try to relax a bit – meditate or take a nap to calm nerves down and recover the nervous system.
All of this helps you relax and recover and prepares you to get better sleep – as sleep is crucial for muscle growth, fat loss, healing, and better mood.
That’s what I do and it made difference – I recover much better, my mood is better, and my stress hormone levels are lower. You might want to give it a try also!