A study that had almost 43,000 participants… from 50 different countries… during a 38-year time period. From 1973 to 2011 showed that men in North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand suffered a 52% decline in sperm concentration and a 59% decline in total sperm count over this 40-year period ending in 2011.
However, what’s interesting is that 3 locations didn’t have these negative results. Men in South America, Asia, and Africa are as fertile as ever and thus, didn’t suffer much of a decline in anything.
Basically, if you live in Western countries, you are far less manly!
Now, if that isn’t bad enough, low sperm count is associated with earlier death.
What’s The Cause?
The research has shown that the primary causes are:
- Lower testosterone levels
- Higher stress levels & stress hormones
- Higher female hormones, such as estrogens – includes external sources found in our environments and higher body fat levels cause an increase in estrogen levels.
- Drugs – both prescription and recreational, this includes alcohol and weed.
- Unhealthy lifestyle – bad diet, lack of exercise, sun exposure, poor sleep, and not having enough vitamins and minerals.
So, What Does This Mean For You?
If you live in a western country… And if you want to have kids…Or if you are suffering from lower libido, sexual performance, losing muscle, more belly fat, tired and moody – you need to improve your lifestyle, especially your hormones and testosterone, so you can improve testicular function.
The older you get, the worst this problem becomes, and the more it will negatively affect your health, fitness, and longevity.
The sooner you take action now and fix this problem, the quicker you’ll see positive results.
I have some great resources on how to improve your testosterone, hormones, and sperm health.