Stress can cause hair to gray prematurely by affecting the stem cells that are responsible for regenerating hair pigment.
What’s important to know is that your “fight or flight” response, high adrenaline output, and chronic stress, basically kill off these stem cells, which then causes your hair to lose pigment, and thus, white or grey hair comes out instead.
This is a natural part of aging.
Unfortunately, stress, anger, worry… or anything that turns on your sympathetic nervous system into high gear, accelerates aging and in today’s topic, accelerates the greying of hair and also hair loss.
What’s The Solution?
You can’t change back the color of hair that’s been grey for many years.
But the research shows that you CAN reverse the graying and even hair loss, for newly affected hairs (less than a year or so).
The stem cells are still functional… so we have hope.
Thus, the sooner you act, the faster your results and improvement in hair color and density.
Simple And Effective Suggestions
- Reduce Stress Hormones: There are lots of ways, which I’m going to point out below. A simple, fast and easy way is to take herbs that promote health stress levels.
- Get outside first thing in the morning and get sunlight on your skin and to your eyes. This helps with the melanocytes, improving your circadian clock for better sleep at night and also reducing morning stress levels.
- Get better & deeper sleep. I’ve got videos about better sleep on this site. Plus, you can take herbs that help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
- Exercise 3-5x weekly and no longer than an hour a day. Daily walks are also a great idea, 15-30 minutes daily.
- If you are dealing with extra worry, anxiety, and nervousness – take herbs to help relax and calm your nervous system. You’ll feel better, happier, and far less stressed.
These are proven and simple changes that’ll cause fast results and improvements in your stress levels, adrenal function, and mood.
You need to create better, daily habits of managing stress … not only for vanity reasons such as skin and hair, but also for overall health, fitness, and longevity.